View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by electragician View Post
I was able to install ADE on my Windows PC and pull the file to the Kobo. It worked great, but the margins were far too large. I get to reading on these forums and find that seems to be a fairly common thing, and probably dependent on the software that was used to create the epub (I think?). Anyway, it was irritating. Seriously.

Calibre supports it, which is just freakin' awesome.

100% with ya electragician. I was on the recent beta team and griped repeatedly about it myself. The fix would be so trivial (regardless of what the resident trolls say). Only thing I can figure is the publishers don't like kobo messing with their EPUBs so the issues are contractual.

The only effective workaround for now is to strip DRM (EPUB DRM is trivially easy to break) and use Calibre to reformat the book. This definitely should not be something an eReader user has to deal with, but that's where we are.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote