Thread: Loving Calibre
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Loving Calibre

I am a new to e-readers and have a Pocketbook 360 on the way. I have been spending some time setting up calibre this week and am amazed by it. I have managed to put in my small selection of books, set up the tags I want, set up a book catalogue, play with sending to a file in the folders I want, fetch news etc. I was trying to sort out how to do it best for our family and played with the idea of having two libraries and then went back down to one. I ended up setting up a tag for each family member with a category called My Library so each person can go there to see their books. I also set up a tag for the public library in that category. I also set it up as a saved search so we can each restrict based on family member. It really is working very well. Hopefully I have it set up well so that as we get more books and really need the search capabilities etc., it will work well for us.

I think I might try to see if I can figure out how to do a recipe for my local newspaper or at least one a little more local to me. For now I have the Vancouver Sun and the Province set up and that appears to be working really well.

The tagging etc. reminds me of what I learned when I set up photoshop elements to do digital scrapbooking so I'm glad I learned about tagging and setting that up before as it really helped me understand this software.

Thanks so much for the developers!
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote