View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 06:39 AM   #4
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Interesting, as far as I know you're now the largest scale user of calibre. How did it perform with that many books?
Hi Kovid, and thanks for your awesome software. But to be frank, I have been wishing for a MySQL backend these last few days

I'm on a decent core duo system with around 2 Gb of RAM. Opening, working with, and reading works fine, as does editing the metadata of a single file.

Sorting by name/author/date and editing the metadata of a group (which causes a re-sort I think) causes the program to 'hang' for about 1 to 2 minutes.

Other than that it is very stable. I've have experienced no real crashes with this load.

The torrent is alive! I just need some people to step up and start peering/seeding

@Dale: it was not such a big effort, couple of days to pull everything in and a couple of days to sort and select and rename. I could send them a ping I suppose.

Last edited by acidzebra; 07-20-2008 at 06:48 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote