View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #8
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear about the retinal detachments. Scary stuff. My brother has lost one eye to retinal detachment and has had surgery for a detachment on the other eye. He has very little vision left but keeps moving on.

I'm not sure my suggestion is anything you're interested in but I'll throw it out there. It"s the Humanware Victor Reader Stream.

Copied and pasted from their website......

Victor Reader Stream (New Generation)

Quick Overview

Handheld media player for the blind and visually impaired.
Plays DAISY books, MP3, MP4, EPUB, and many other media formats.
Records voice and media with built-in microphone or line-in.
Two built-in, human-sounding voices for a pleasant text-to-speech experience.
Built-in wireless networking capability.
Weighs less than 4 ounces (110 grams).
Available in the following languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Faroese, French, Finnish, German, Icelandic, Italian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Slovenian, Swedish, Turkish

it has an sd slot so you could transfer your Overdrive or Audible books to it..

"Supports up to 32GB removable SD cards and external USB flash drives;
Read books from DAISY libraries: NLS, Bookshare, Learning Ally;
Enjoy books and music from iTunes;
Play text documents with built-in text-to-speech from Acapela."
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote