Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sorry theducks. That's some nice lookaheads/lookbehinds you have going on there, but I need it to include multi-word phrases that may have punctuation (“”‘’.,?!:;-—…).

Tilia's takes me to a lot more of what I'm looking for, but seems to skip multi-word phrases that have an apostrophe in the very first word.

Basically, I've accidentally blown up a lot of the italic spans in a document of mine. I'd like to be able to reliably find every instance of <span class="italics">(.*?)</span> EXCEPT instances where there's only one word in the span. That would narrow what I need to check from 700 instances down to... well... I'm not exactly sure of the number (obviously), but it would be a heck of a lot less than 700, anyway.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote