View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I've been hoping that the club would read Jack London for awhile. My husband loves his book Burning Daylight about Alaska and keeps urging me to read it. To follow up to fantasyfan's earlier post, Jack did have an interesting life filled with adventures all over the globe.

I found this statement from the time of his death.
Quote:
'No writer, unless it were Mark Twain, ever had a more romantic life than Jack London. The untimely death of this most popular of American fictionists has profoundly shocked a world that expected him to live and work for many years longer.' ~Ernest Hopkins, San Francisco Bulletin, December 2, 1916.
I also found this timeline of his life. I like that it has a column for world events to put his life into the context of the time period.
http://www.jack-london.org/timeline.htm
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote