View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 06:46 PM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
thanks. i saw the thread on xda. not getting google play store to work (and by extension, google play books) is a no-go. the only reason i'm thinking of doing this is so i can consolidate all reading apps onto a single e-ink device. i have a few lcd/led tablets that already has all the apps, but prefer it to be e-ink for reading. i supported the earl device, but i've given up hope for it to ever emerge.
I also have a Boyue T62+, and prefer using that E-Ink device over the Nook. The Onyx Boox C67 ML Carta is similar. Either can be rooted. One (maybe both, by now) comes with Play Store on it, but if rooted, Play Store can be installed on either. I'd recommend either device to you, as you could consolidate most, if not all, reading apps on one e-ink device. I always find myself going back to the Boyue. However, there are rumors of new, upgraded devices from both Boyue and Onyx coming next month.

You can check out threads on these devices in the Android Devices section of Mobileread.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote