View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 12:34 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
It didn't register till now, but, wow, these books all seem like they're going to be real downers for the holiday season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post

And yes, Catlady, there is a bit of downer in several of these. Probably the nature of the topic.
Yes, I had the same realization. Oh, well. As an aside, does anyone else find a lot of Christmas movies to be really lugubrious? It's a Wonderful Life, of course, and all the versions of A Christmas Carol. The Bishop's Wife. Going My Way. Miracle on 34th Street. I could go on. Even if they have a happy ending, as they always do, you've really suffered to get there. And the worst of all, Charlie Brown's Christmas, which always leaves me with the desire to drink myself into oblivion.

Ahem!

Quote:
Well, I've voted for well more than 1/2, against my usual preference,
I went with just over half; the next cut was too hard.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote