View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
"La divina commedia" test

Hello,

As some of you know, I'm preparing an illustrated multilingual edition of Dante's "La divina commedia". Since it's being a bit more involved than I foresaw at first, I'd like to share what I've done so far and get some comments, mainly about formatting and usability.

I have the original Italian and the English translation by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. I'll try to find at least translations into Spanish, French and German. I could also include several translations for each language, but I'm afraid that would be too much. The Italian and English versions are (going to be) cross-linked. At the moment there is a link to the other language at the beginning of each "Canto", and the first Canto in the Inferno has cross-links every 15 verses (adding these links for the whole thing is going to be tedious).

I have also included the beautiful woodcuts by Gustave Doré. I'm currently re-extracting and enhancing them from existing scans, so in the future they will have better quality, but they are very good now anyway. Instead of putting each illustration in the text, I put only a thumbnail, which is a link to the full-size illustration. There is also a gallery of miniatures at the beginning.

I'm awaiting your comments and suggestions.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi La divina commedia.mobi (12.23 MB, 577 views)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote