View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You can do these things on the iRex digital reader 1000 and still have the advantage of eInk.

Also, the forthcomming plastic logic is supposed to have these features too. I so want a device like this... but not willing to pay more than $400. Once they get to that price I am getting one.

BOb
Sure you can, eInk is nice, eInk Readers are light and their battery life is generally much better than what one would get on a computer (and does not get so hot either), but at $600 or $700+ the iRex is quite expensive (compared to other eInk Readers). At that pricepoint I would prefer a computer that provided a greater level of functionality. Last Spring, I bought a UMPC for $600 that is a great electronic reader and let's me do so much more than any eInk Reader.

Last edited by ProfJulie; 01-02-2009 at 12:31 AM.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote