View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
bluetdi1
bluetdi1 began at the beginning.

Device: itouch
Viewing Content Server from the Internet

Viewing Content Server from the Internet
In the past I have, through trial and error, successfully set up the content server with my ebooks.
At the present time, the content server is still available, but not through the interent. To my knowledge I have not changed anything, but something has changed.
I can view the content server on my PC - no problem. I did not use 8080 for a port but another 4 digit number that worked for 6 months. I also decided to create a service for the content server, so that the server would be available 24/7. I used anyserviceinstaller and it worked fine. I could find my server on the internet by pointing to my internet address on the web. 68.45. __.___.___: and after a colon the port number I set up in calibre server. The service pointed to a cmd file that started the content server on a particular port. It worked - it was wonderful. The service appears to be working, I have checked it.
As I said above the content server is not available on the Internet. I have checked my windows firewall and everything appears to be a go. I have checked my outside IP address with myipchicken and using that outside IP address I cannot get to the content server!!
Recently, I started using x64 bit Calibre instead of x32 bit Calibre - would that be a factor??
Is there someone out there that is familiar with what I trying to explain here, can you give me a few hints to check out.

Thanks Russ David
bluetdi1 is offline   Reply With Quote