View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
hope815
hope815 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Latest Generation (3?)
4 days left to return Kindle...need advice fast

I just purchased my first Kindle (latest generation w/3G) from Staples and they only give 14 days for return.
I downloaded my first book and I have no problems with the screen, reading, flipping pages...it's easy to use in that respect.
I obviously haven't come across all the issues I expect will come in the future, but a few that have me baffled:

1. When you bookmark a page, I see it puts it into My Clippings on the home page...but I can't find a way to actually go to that location that has been bookmarked...I mean isn't that the point of a bookmark?...instead it brings up definitions, it allows you makes notes, all in My Clippings...what is the purpose of the bookmark and is there a way to go to the location using a bookmark?

2. After testing the above, I created several bookmarks/clippings and wanted to delete them but could only delete the entire clippings folder...this can't be good, can it?...is there a way to delete one clipping from the clippings folder?

3. Since I have only one book on my Kindle, I'm curious to know what happens as you download more...I created a collection with the author's lastname, moved the book to the collection, but the book still shows up as a seperate listing on my home page...I thought it would move it and that's where I would go to access it...as I download more books, will they all just be listed on the home page without being able to put them somewhere in an orderly manner?

Please someone help...I know these seem like minor questions, but $200 is $200 and why should I keep something that is not user friendly.

Thank you so much!!!!
hope815 is offline   Reply With Quote