View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #8
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
How many people are not de-drming their stuff simply because it's illegal? Nothing would change in my opinion.
Unless it became legal for applications to now include the tools built in.

I'm not so much thinking about Calibre here, as anyone who downloads that doesn't need to do much more to get the plugin too. Although it would mean it could be officially bundled with Calibre or available on their site and that would allow the Calibre author to vet plugins for malware before making a build and uploading. For plugins he wants to do that for anyway.

I'm thinking more along the lines of that movie ripping app that lost a case fairly recently for allowing users to convert DVDs to a digital library and stream across their home network. If that kind of use was included in the amendment, a lot would change for the better.

If however the wording ends up only allowing the kind of use that is already going on via Alf. Perhaps it'd have minimal impact, but it'd still be nice to know everyone doing it isn't breaking the law anymore
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote