View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I've got a major gripe with the Sony eBook Store--they don't poulate the information fields for books, or rather they don't seem to require the publishers to do so. I'm tired of trying to decide which version of a book I want to buy when none of them have much information available, and most simply copy each others' info. Quite often you are lucky to get more than one sentence for a description, no info at all for publisher or author, and no reviews! Amazon has the Sony eBook Store beat hands down in this category!

Also, be careful. I bought a book yesterday for $3.99 (a classic) and after it downloaded it only contained the cover photo. I complained to Sony and they agreed the book had been posted incorrectly to their store and are supposed to be sending me a coupon for $4 to cover the cost. After this ordeal, I noticed that the book I purchased was showing a size of 41KB. Had I noticed that before purchasing, I would have been suspicious. This was an honest mistake on the publisher's end, but sloppy none the less.
So you checked the file size in the Sony Store in the book details after buying? OR did you check it on the computer? I'd have to agree with the Sony Store's organization being rather poor, but I'd have to suggest always checking any details offered, including ISBN when available, just to be sure you're getting what you want.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote