View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 10:39 AM   #115
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I made spaghetti last night using Marcella Hazan's tomato and butter recipe. It was so good.

Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter
2 pounds fresh ripe tomatoes (prepared as described below) or 2 cups canned,imported Italian plum tomatoes, preferably San Marzano tomatoes (cut up with their juice)
5 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, peeled and cut in half
salt

Put either the prepared fresh tomatoes or the canned in a saucepan, add the butter, onion, and salt and cook, uncovered, at a very slow, but steady simmer for 45 minutes, or until the fat floats free from the tomato.
Stir from time to time, mashing any large piece of tomato in the pan with the back of a wooden spoon.
Taste and correct for salt. Discard the onion before tossing the sauce with pasta. This sauce may be frozen. Serves 6.

I made it with a 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes (it was what I had on hand) and served it with a Funky Llama Shiraz.

Oh, and I made some of Alton Brown's Cocoa Brownies.
http://www.blisstree.com/chocolateby...ocoa-brownies/
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote