View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 04:10 AM   #145
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
Does the Reader then "fake" the bold, italic, and bold-italic characters as needed? I guess it must, if we are only fiddling with one TTF file.
Yes, the LRF files only actually use one font. The italic and the bold are "faked".

The EPUB files use the proper fonts though. It's an entirely different renderer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
Oh, I noticed that the Font Creator trial that the PDF links to is up to version 6, which no longer supports saving the font file.
Crap... this is going to be a problem. I'm going to have to update the guide. I should probably try to find an alternative to Font Creator. Does anyone have any ideas?
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote