View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #345
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Hi Plugboard Experts:

I am hoping you could help me modify my plugboard so that I can get information that will display fully on my kindle. I currently have the following plugboard:

{tags} - #purchased1 - {#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shortene d,series)}{series_index:0>2s| [|] } - {title}

I would like to keep the following plugboard except I would like to be able to set it up so that only the first three letters of the custom column #purchased1 displays. I tried to follow the setup for the stripped series but I am completely lost and I think I've messed something else. Can someone help me set up the shortened #purchased1 column??
The formatting syntax ".3" will only use the first three characters. You can always use the function shorten but I doubt you want to, this is so much simpler if all you want is to just use the first x characters.

Using your plugboard, that gets you:

Quote:
{tags} - {#purchased1:.3} - {#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shortene d,series)}{series_index:0>2s| [|] } - {title}
I took the liberty of changing the text "#purchased1" to the field "#purchased1".

If {#purchased1} is sometimes empty, you may want to use this:

Quote:
{tags} - {#purchased1:.3|| - }{#stripped_series:lookup(.\s,#initials,.,#shorten ed,series)}{series_index:0>2s| [|] } - {title}
to remove the extra " - " that would show up if {#purchased1} is empty.

Last edited by eschwartz; 12-22-2013 at 12:31 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote