View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #43
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
It should be noted that news just came out that Amazon sales surged 24% from a year ago to $17.1 billion. You can Google that news for all the links.

Thus, that implies that 2013 HDX and PW sales are going through the roof even though Amazon does not publish individual sales numbers for their products. However, they are still losing money indicating a huge purchase of more warehouses to get to a one day delivery standard fpr Prime users. I heard somewhere else that Prime annual membership fees will be raised soon. I don't know if that is only for new users or all users.

Apple technology was based primarily on the genius of one man: Jobs. He is DEAD.

Thus, I wouldn't underrate Amazon potential to have their eReaders totally dominate the market in a few years.

Apple used to base their business plan on premium prices for their projected higher quality. Amazon is basing their business plan on underselling the market with quality as good or better than anyone else. In addition, I buy huge numbers of other products from Amazon at very cheap prices from household hardware, software, songs, car technology products, bedroom and bathroom products and everything under the sun. I haven't been to a retail store in years. Apple does not offer that wide variety of products.

By the way, the HDX 2013 does allow one to permanently hide the Carousel for those who would rather not see it. Plus, their stereo, high quality playing of music beats the quality of music on my internet radios.

With an HDX 2013 for dim light reading and a PW 2013 for bright light reading, a dedicated reader of books cannot go wrong.

Finally, as new technology emerges for eReaders, Amazon does NOT make their old eReaders obsolete. That is in sharp contrast to the policy of many other eReader manufacturers.

I own four Kindle eReaders now and may choose to KEEP all of them as I buy new ones each year. In the same manner as many use Calibre to collect eBooks and I use Media Money to collect songs, I may start collecting Kindles as a goal in and of itself aside from their use to read eBooks. Plus, with four eReaders I can go for weeks or months before having to charge any of them if I rotate between all of them. Four batteries last four times as long as one battery especially if WiFi is off most of the time for all and location based services are always off on all.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-26-2013 at 10:22 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote