View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb2u View Post
I tried using Calibre but got a lot of errors with PDF and MOBI files. I thought it would be great to be able to just extract the text. I love using txt files on ereaders as they are so quick to manage and control (page turning takes a fraction of the time) and you seem to have a lot of font control as it doesn't seem to get in the way as much as some other formats.

So the quest is how to best extract that text from PDF and MOBI files?
This is somewhat dependent on the PDF file itself. Can you post any examples of the PDF files and the errors you got when extracting the text with Calibre?
willus is offline   Reply With Quote