View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #155
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I no longer play games on my iDevices -- not even my beloved chess -- there's just not enough time. So I can't oblige you regarding games. As johhnyb explained, if a particular iPhone game has already been upgraded for iPhone 4's Retina screen (which it definitely should have, by 2013!), then it will appear crystal-clear on an iPad 3 or iPad 4 screen.

As to the "2x" button, that's easy. It will automatically appear at the bottom right corner of your iPad screen, as soon as you open an iPhone-only app on an iPad. So, you press that "2x" button, and the iPhone app will fill out almost the entire iPad screen. You can see it in my screenshot I have just posted above. (In my screenshot, you can see the "1x" button -- pressing that, the iPhone app would display in its original iPhone resolution, leaving most of the iPad's screen empty.)
Tried downloading the iPhone weather channel app in one of the Apple stores today to check this out on both a 2 and 4. At least now I have a handle on what you posted. I know there is an iPad app as well so I will delete the iPhone one.

I also did the Siri text to speech from that thread for having a book read to me. No one seemed to know about it in the Apple store I was in. I also downloaded voice dream app free version to check that out further as well.

Also, I download some of the readdle apps that were freebies so I can at least check those to see what I might want to buy.

You guys are good, I am going to go back to previous threads in this forum since I recently got an iPad and see what else might interest me.

Last edited by robertc88; 03-24-2013 at 06:35 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote