View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #14815
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Interestingly, I meant to download a sample of another of Carver's sci-fi short story collections, Reality and Other Fictions, because the title intrigued me, but I must have accidentally sent the sample to one of my other Kindles. I've since downloaded a sample to my PaperWhite, and will no doubt read that one, also.
I picked up Reality and Other Fictions when he offered if for free a while back but can't comment on it as I've not gotten to it yet.

Do you find the bible stories and the SF stories similar?
I know I do.

I'm working through some backs stacks, currently "Best American Essays 2008" as well as continuing to read essay selections from In Fact and from Touchstone Anthology of Contemporary Creative Nonfiction: Work from 1970 to the Present

mostly good stuff, with a stinker here and there...

Last edited by kennyc; 12-07-2012 at 03:43 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote