View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #14
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I whole heartedly recommend the M-edge eLuminator:

http://www.medgestore.com/products/k...eluminator.psp
It works on one AAA battery that last forever and is very packable. I find the light source bright enough but not too bright, and have gifted it to lots of other (e)bookworms. It works phenomenally with covers that flip up, but there a other ways to attach it with most other covers as well.
I also ordered a few solar booklights that I am waiting for, and can post a review when I get them:

http://www.nokero.com/products/Ed-Solar-Book-Light

I would use the eLuminator and the K4B, but my heart is set on seeing book covers and the cloud, now that I've seen the PW, which is why I was asking about the KT in the other thread. Thing is that I find the Amazon DRM easiest to deal with (I can still access my books when I get a new credit card, hear that, B&N?) and since I read so much, the cheaper prices are a big plus for me. Check out some of the titles on your wishlist at luzme.com for a good price comparison.
If the PW replacements come in defective tomorrow, I'd be stupid to go through this return process again. I have been reading up on the Kobo Glo yesterday, but Kobo book prices are higher.

I am so torn!!

Edited to add: the eLuminator neck is stiff enough to stay put, the light comes in black or dark grey and white, and it shuts itself off after one hour, but flickers first, so you can hit the button to stop it from going dark, and it has two or three light settings (too lazy to go upstairs to check). I also have a few other ones that I never use.

And, yes, the solar light is butt ugly, but I have been using two d.light lanterns for a few weeks and am totally bought on solar lightning. If disaster happens in December, you'll have a $6 booklight, that doubles as a battery charger and flashlight! You just need a micro-usb solar charger and you're all set for the end of the world as we know it. The sad thing is that I am only half joking, while the other half is urging me to buy survial ebooks to load on my kindle

Last edited by xendula; 10-09-2012 at 10:30 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote