View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
duckfeet
duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskarina View Post
I don't use Aldiko much but there's an arrow to the right of the progress bar (access this by tapping the middle of the screen) which should take you back to where you were before.
That sounds like what I'm looking for, but when I bring up the progress bar (tapping in the middle, brings up a menu on the bottom, with 'Go To', 'Day/Night/Settings/More ... and the progress bar, but nothing to the right of it. Progress bar goes just about to the sides of page, so as it sits, there is no room for something like that.

And of course beneath al this is the usual 3 icon/buttons that are on Nexus7, and they have return one on the left side, but that just takes me all the way out of Aldiko. So it has to be an Aldiko icon. Nothing that I see. Thanks for help though...I'm getting pretty used to Aldiko, and I've been reading, and it does seem they might still be ironing the one for tablets out, so hopefully soon.

I can't get the built-in Google Play reader to read my books, and this seems to be highly recommended, but of course, if you don't have a way to go back thru the various commands you make, it's all too easy to constantly be loosing place, and having to depend on Bookmarks is how I do it now...thanks for help though!

EDIT: Wierdest thing! I just got that curved arrow you were talking about, right at the end of progress bar...I was fiddling with it, and accidentally touched progress bar, all the way to end of book, and low and behold, return arrow showed up, right where you said it would be, and I clicked it, and it went right back to where i was, exactly what I was looking for...but worse luck, as soon as I got back to original place, it again disappeared...it's actually looking like the page is too big for the N7, that it is not showing up because there isn't enough room. I'll keep playing with it, trying to find a way to get it to show, since that was exactly what I was looking for...just that progress bad goes all the way to rt side of page, not leaving room...I"m sure there is something simple, I'll get in there and look round...again, many thanks, getting closer!

Last edited by duckfeet; 07-23-2012 at 07:59 PM.
duckfeet is offline   Reply With Quote