View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Just the Kindle way - indexing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaWylde View Post
I am new to this forum and didn't see a thread that directly addresses this issue. If I missed it, my apologies. I just discovered Calibre and I love it, but every time I transfer anything to my Kindle Touch with it, the entire library on the touch reverts to "not yet indexed." This is wreaking havoc with my battery life, slowing down the machine and making it very difficult to search for anything. When I leave it plugged in overnight, all 352 books are neatly indexed the next morning until the next time I plug into Calibre.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug in Calibre? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Once again, if my posting is out of line, please accept my apologies. I'm just excited to think that someone might be able to explain to me!

Jo
Hi Jo
I only have the old K3 (KK) but I suspect the Touch works the same way.
If so - NO ! It's NOT a calibre issue - it's a Kindle Issue.
When ever you add new books to a Kindle, the new books will have to be indexed to help you search, use dictionaries etc.
However, I'm not quite sure what your problem is.
Did you transfer 352 books to the Touch ? If so, they'll have to be indexed.
If you only transfer 2 books to the Touch only 2 books would have to be indexed. UNLESS your indexes are inconsistent.
Anyways: This should be moved to the Kindle Forum, and I suggest you give us a more detailed description of what you're doing.
Oh - before transferring new books to Touch, please check Indexing status on Touch first. If all books are indexed before transfer, only new books should be indexed.
But then again - I just remembered : Does your Touch have the correct date/time ?
Hopefully fellow "Touch'ers" will join thread to help you out
Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote