View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
I forget how many megabytes of books that were on there, but I was surprise, because most of these are novels. I haven't bought a card for extra books yet, but I think it's limiting how much non-B&N content I can put in the main area. Added them via calibre.

Worse than that is that I can see my library, settings or anything else except the wifi access page (I think I already said this, but this is my main gripe -- can't even see what I put on there, let alone read it.).
The partitioned area for non-B&N ebooks is well-known, yet I would still say 100 epubs should fit without a problem. I believe this area is about 240 - 250mb in size. Comics, magazines, pdf's and scans will be much bigger in file size and will reduce how many will fit. Also any epub that has lots of illustrations. The choice of picture file for the book cover can also affect file size. If you are using calibre, it will show you the file size for each ebook in your library.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote