View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 10:37 AM   #33
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

One other thing, if anyone is interested:

Content creation tip:
So far the only GOOD ebook content creation software is ebook Publisher. Well, it's not really good, because it doesn't have many features, but, at least, it let's you modify some settings on ebooks and get good-looking e-text.

To start, I recommend converting any ebook to RTF format. Import that file into ebook publisher and then save it to ODF format. Open that new file with a text editor and change its header with this code:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
  "+//ISBN 0-9673008-1-9//DTD OEB 1.0 Document//EN"
  "http://openebook.org/dtds/oeb-1.0/oebdoc1.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled</title>
<style>
body {margin-left:0pt; margin-right:0pt; x-sbp-widow-push:0; x-sbp-orphan-pull:0}
td {vertical-align:top}
table.hdr {width:100%; border:none; margin-left:0pt; margin-right:0pt}
td.hdrl {text-align:left}
td.hdrc {text-align:center}
td.hdrr {text-align:right}
.plain {text-decoration:none; text-align:justify; font-style:none; font-weight:none; font-size:x-small; font-family:serif; color:#000000}
header {display:none; display:oeb-page-head; oeb-column-number:1; margin-bottom:10pt}
footer {display:none; display:oeb-page-foot; oeb-column-number:1; margin-top:10pt}
pbrk {page-break-before:always}
.KWN {page-break-inside:avoid}
fn {font-size:-1}
sp {font-size:-3}
adv2lm {sbp-advance:left}
p {margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; text-align:left; text-decoration:none; font-style:none; font-weight:none; font-size:x-small; font-family:serif; color:#000000}
a {text-decoration:none}
</style>
</head>
<body>
You'll get full page usage (no margins) and justified text! Personally, I don't need margins and I think justified text is much cleaner and easier on the eyes.
Hope this tip helps you
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote