View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 05:40 AM   #6
diamante
piedra preciosa
diamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Oasis 6", Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-350, etc.
Smile

The new Sonys are great! I didn't expect this from Sony, but they have fantastic dictionaries. I already have a Kindle 2 but I couldn't resist the Sony Pocket Edition. If there is a Borders near you you should be able to try one out there.

I have to add that the Kindle's dictionary functionality is excellent. Kindle inherited that from Mobipocket Reader, and it's very intuitive. In my experience the Kindle is a little bit better than the Sonys at going immediately to the correct entry. Both the new Sonys and the Kindle 3 come with the New Oxford American Dictionary and the Oxford Dictionary of English. These are very similar to each other, but the latter emphasizes British English. If you need translation dictionaries, you'll want a Sony. The Sonys have built-in, high-quality Spanish, French, Italian, German and Dutch dictionaries. Each of these is [language] <--> English, for 10 translation dictionaries in all.
diamante is offline   Reply With Quote