View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Not a Kindle owner here but I am damn curious to know exactly what Amazon could offer in the new Kindle.

From what I can see is;
- Perhaps a processor upgrade, however there is a trade off between increased speed and reduced battery life.
- Increase internal storage from 2GB to 4+GB.
- WiFi seems the latest craze, doesn't seem to fit in with Amazon's service but they might include one.
- Given the Amazon cloud and 3G I don't see them bringing back a SD slot (plus it would make the Kindle thicker).

I don't actually see there being much of an upgrade. Somehow I feel it would be more firmware and a new physical design than anything else.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Possibly the new higher contrast screen that PVI/eInk has been showing off. Whatever it is it's probably likely to be an evolutionary change (like the upgrades you mention) than any kind of revolutionary change.

It'd be nice if they added ePub support and upgraded collections to allow nested tags, but I doubt we'll see either of those.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote