View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #52
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
I read on a 13.3", 4.2lb Tablet PC and it's just on this side of barely tolerable
Though this is highly individualistic. I have a 17-inch, 7-pound notebook, and wouldn't at all mind a larger screen. This notebook's screen is 8.5x15 inches, which is annoyingly short in landscape mode. I've often thought 9x16 inches would be a good tablet size, and maybe two 9x12 screens if dual.

On weight, some googling suggests textbooks run about four pounds, give or take, so a 5.5 pound unit would easily win out over the two or three textbooks one usually has to lug between classes and between school and home.

I don't think something like this would be inexpensive enough or sturdy enough for schools, but the size and weight aren't terribly out of the realm of reasonable.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote