View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #48
fishface
Connoisseur
fishface is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I read on a 13.3", 4.2lb Tablet PC and it's just on this side of barely tolerable, being hot and heavy on the lap, and quite bulky to shift around. The ipad sold millions although its technical specs are total crap precisely because it was the first sub-2lb tablet. If its weight had increased to 3.5lb then the Tablet PCs would have been superior in every imaginable way. Weight matters.

The same problems were raised with the Edge, regarding size and heft. I certainly have not read any reviews of the Edge that went "oh gee golly I wish this was HUGER and HEAVIER. And the e-ink side is useless, let's make both sides LCD." And the Edge with its better execution is still not hugely popular as far as I can tell.

To each their own of course. However it seems this product has a competitive problem against Tablet PCs which are full featured computers, are lighter, and can run a wider range of programs, faster. Unless it can get in under $500 it will have problems competing. But who knows, it really might be dirt cheap.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote