View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardoz View Post
Hmm...I read the pronouncements rather differently, and assumed that once the new agreement is finalized and in place all Macmillan titles would be sold under the agency model, at Macmillan-set prices, new, backlist, the whole shooting match. Then again trying to figure out what's actually going on here by examining press releases is about as precise a science as haruspicy.
I won't debate whether or not you should believe that Macmillan will do what they say. We'll all find out together.

But their announcement was pretty clear: Most new titles out in hardcover would be priced at $14.99. Prices would be lowered as lower-priced paper editions are released, to bottom out at $5.99 to $6.99.

That's what they said. And it certainly implies that books already in paperback would be priced at the lower prices.

I hope they stick to it. All this public attention might goose them into it.

Edit: I had never noticed the Digital List Price on the Kindle listings. My bad. I suppose if I had a Kindle, I would have paid more attention to that.

Last edited by starrigger; 02-08-2010 at 01:18 AM.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote