View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_smile View Post
In the following example, Calibre will split the above into two pages, so "series number" and everything underneath it goes on a separate page. Is there any way to stop Calibre inserting breaks. I've checked the options but can find any?
If you've run a calibre epub-to-epub conversion you need to have a look at 2 things:
  1. the value you've set in:
    Convert - Structure detection - Detect chapters at
  2. Using the calibre Editor, compare the above with the HTML tags actually present in your source epub for
    'My Book'
    'Subtitle'
    'Series number'
    'by Me the author'
For example, if you've used calibre's original default without considering whether it's appropriate for this book, you'll probably find that you're automatically getting chapter breaks for every <h1> and <h2> tag.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote