View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
ecbritz
Book Concocter
ecbritz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
How do I display one portrait ebook page at a time on a wide screen?

I am just starting out with Sigil. Actually, I'm just starting out to explore this program. I need to take small steps and I need plain and simple advice tailored to just one small step at a time.

Up to now, I've managed to produce a cover page containing graphics, plus pages with text following it. The TOC I also managed to create successfully.
Everything formatted / edited within Sigil. I avoid importing into Sigil document files with complex formatting (typed and converted to html with my word processor).

I use Sony Reader-for-PC (the latest version) to read my Sigil ebooks. The problem I encounter here is that a single "portrait" Sigil ebook page filled with an image is not demarcated as a single portrait page and positioned in the middle of my widescreen / "landscape" screen display by the Sony Reader-for-PC program.

If I set the Reader to display two pages at a time, I see two "portrait" pages next to each other. I would for instance see the cover page (filled with graphics) and the blank page following it - demarcated as two pages - on the screen. However, if I set the Reader to display one page at a time, the image filling the cover page moves to the left, leaving the rest of the widescreen display blank. In the case of pages with text, the text wrapping is automatically adjusted to the widescreen / "landscape" display.

What I would like to see in my Sony Reader-for-PC, is one "portrait" shaped page at a time in the middle of the screen. Is it possible to control this by doing something to the ebook while compiling it with Sigil?
ecbritz is offline   Reply With Quote