View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 06:07 PM   #4152
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I've been pondering whether or not to buy the current StoryBundle, as it's got three books (two basic, one bonus) that are on my wishlist. Since I have the first book in the series - also part of the bundle - I started reading it yesterday to see what I thought.
(sigh) I bit, but only at the basic level. Part of what tipped me over the edge is that the omnibus containing the three key books also contained some short stories that are not - to my knowledge - available elsewhere. In fact, the omnibus itself doesn't go up for general sale until next month, which poses a slight problem for adding it to my Goodreads collection.

As for the other three books I was eyeing on the bonus tier, Amazon currently has one of them in a one-dollar omnibus for a buck. Checking price history, this looks like a temporary price drop, so I took the plunge. I'm holding off on the other two because I can always get them later.

So, $6 total spent for a total of eleven novels in six files - which is less than I would've paid for the two novels I was primarily after, so it's a net win. I regard the other bundle books as possibly-interesting freebies that do me no harm by languishing in my to-process folder with some angry robots, open roads, and a handful of other StoryBundle newsletter freebies. I don't begrudge them a few megabytes on a terabyte drive.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote