View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #12
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
While there is certainly trash-fiction that falls into your no-knowledge category I would argue that an author who performs research and integrates that into a story is imparting some knowledge to me, say law enforcement procedures in the "courtroom drama" genre.

You are welcome to argue the inefficiency of such education but I would counter argue that much (not all) of our formal education is worthless because the real world does not operate as it was presented in academic circles.

Besides, if there are only twenty-odd themes in literature then each story is somewhat mimetic, giving us a new epic.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote