View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 11:59 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Could happen, of course, but it would be no particular bother to restore my library from a back-up copy. As I manage my Calibre library from two different computers, there is really no other way to do that than to use Dropbox. Flash drives are horribly slow and error-prone, and the content server only has very basic options.
I can see the use cases for using cloud storage. Just for me, the risk/reward ratio is too biased towards the risk side to make it tempting.

And it's not a matter of could happen. Going by the posts over the years in this forum, it has happened. Often to people whose comments came down to it worked for years.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote