View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
I was wondering if anyone here has the latest, basic model iPad, and how it works for reading on? I currently have the mini 2, which I like, but I've considering upgrading, and right now, I can get 150 for it at Best Buy if I trade towards a new one. I'm just not sure if a device that large would be too cumbersome for reading on for hours at a time or not.

So just basically, all around, how is the iPad as a dedicated reader/web surfing device? I'd love to be able to just test one, but I live in the boonies, and the nearest BB or Apple Store, or anything really, is about an hour away, so no place to test it out.
The only thing I read with regularity on my iPad Pro are magazines. For me, it's too big for reading books. I do most of my reading on an e-ink device, a Kobo Glo HD.

I do have an iPad mini, and have read some books on it. I strongly prefer an e-ink device, especially in a dark room or outside in the sun. The mini would be be my second choice. I also do much of reading at night in bed...which makes the smaller 6" devices a better choice for me. And I don't like reading on a backlit screen. The front lighting on the Kobo and Devices like it are easier on my eyes.

I don't think I've ever read an entire book on any of my full sized iPads, aside from cookbooks, or to view pictures in a book.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote