View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODelphi View Post
Subject:

I'll give you an example.

Books in Kobo can be synchronized in Kobo programs. Books in Nook can be synchronized in Nook programs.

But books on Nook can not be synchronized with books on Kobo.

Suppose you own a Nook. But, you bought a new Kobo.

You can move your books from Nook to Kobo. But, you can not move books from Nook to Kobo with book's highligths. Your old highligts text in the book do not appear in Kobo.

When you move your books to your new e-book reader, you also want to see your old book's highlights.
This makes much more sense than your long post. Short, sweet and to the point.

Your theory is a bit off for a couple of reasons.
The first being most consumers buy in one garden so they are not worried about their highlights and stuff.
Second being the consumers that buy in more than one garden, usually know about format shifting and how to save their highlights to an accessible place (computer, dropbox, Google drive, cloud of their choice).
So it is really a non-issue amongst the majority of readers.

Your first post was unique but quite random for the ultimate discussion you wanted.
I think your browser example was just fluff. I thought you were trying to compare but this is not a high school or college freshman class.
Rather than a question, your first post came off as a lecture on general computer sharing.
You will find that (I would guess) at least 80% of the posters that will respond to this kind of thread have at least one college degree if not more. Probably more. I do believe we have at least 2 PhD's at Mobileread and I think more than that.

Now I have babbled long enough so have a nice day.

I think my 80% estimate may have been way low. It may be closer to 100%.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 06-15-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote