View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 08:06 AM   #6
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
On my PC, I have a pretty specific use for e-pub reading. Generally, I use it in my classes to display news articles with accompanying audio to help my students improve their listening as well as reading comprehension. (I teach English as a second language.) For that, Calibre worked, then didn't work.
If your students have Android or iOS tablets you might want to recommend the free Menestrello app to them, which supports epub3 audio books.
(The developer offers a couple of English Public Domain books as free downloads.)

@Red Wolf: In the latest Windows 10 version, Microsoft added epub support to its Edge browser. I.e., a year from now, you could assume that all Windows 10 users will be able to read epubs with the Edge browser.

Last edited by Doitsu; 05-21-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote