View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
However the files I am working on have inappropriate chapter breaks and I now can't figure out how to remove them. Any help would be appreciated.
The ability to merge two or more chapters into one will be added to the 0.2.0 builds fairly soon.

Quote:
Additionally I need to search and replace for some incorrect characters/formatting through the entire document. It appears this new format will make me search and replace each individual piece separately. Is this true? If so, this seems like a huge downgrade in functionality from the prior version.
I've said this many, many times: the only major feature that needs to be implemented in the 0.2.0 builds is the book-wide search option. It's the reason 0.2.0 is at beta3, and not a full release.

Yes, that functionality is critically important. No one's denying that.

Quote:
Any chance of getting a version that still lets you work on the document in its entirety? Not that I'm complaining -- I'm certainly getting more out of the program than I paid for it. I'd be willing to pay for a program that is faster than 1.9 but still allows me to edit my document in one piece.
No.

There is no such thing as an epub document in "one piece". Every epub document is actually a collection of XHTML documents, zipped up into an archive with the "epub" extension.

Sigil 0.1.x would take all those documents and concatenate them together, then present them to you. This would break a great number of things, notably flow-specific CSS. It would also make editing dog slow. It was one of those ideas that sound great on paper, but that suck when you actually implement them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Kilgore View Post
Albeit a menu option to merge two sections would be appreciated.
Forthcoming.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote