View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
The parts of the book that grabbed me the most when I read this a few years ago were 1) the architecture and also reading about Olmstead and 2) the pure evilness of the serial killer. Man that was some twisted stuff. After I read it I really really wanted to go to Chicago and see what was left of the fairgrounds. I talked to a friend of mine who grew up out there and she recognized the museum that was still standing, but if I recall correctly she said that there was nothing else out there. I don't know why that amazes me so much. To see an area put together by so many skilled minds has basically turned into a swamp.

I guess I'm stuck with Central Park if I want to channel Olmstead *sigh* such torture.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote