View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #58
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush View Post
Hi Friends,

Recently I mistakenly upgraded my Kobo Aura HD from 3.2 to 3.3 as i was connectd to WIFI and after that i experienced severe lag in its opening sites Web browser. I am totally disappointed after this upgrade.

Now I would like to revert to 3.2 firmware, but not sure from where will i get it.
Is it possible to downgrade it from higher to lower version, Although I tried doing by resetting it to Factory Reset but as it restarts the device asks for internet connection to get itself configured and checks for the latest update, again it picked up 3.3 firmware, i though probably after factory reset it would come back to 3.2 but unfortunately it didnt happen.

Please help and suggest.

Thanks
Ayush
Personally, I would recommend going to firmware 3.8.0 instead. If you prefer to use 3.2.0, choose the setup with computer option, allow the Kobo desktop app to do it's setup stuff. When it is finished, do not eject your Aura HD. Instead open your favourite file browser and delete the upgrades directory, the KoboRoot.tgz and manifest.md5sum files from the .kobo directory in the root of it's internal storage. If you are on a Mac or Linux box, you will have to enable showing directories whose name starts with a ".". After deleting those items, open the 3.2.0 firmware .zip file and copy the contents to the .kobo directory.

If you go with 3.8.0, the directions are the same save for using the 3.8.0 firmware file.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote