Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #13
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Other than adding headers, titles, page-breaks and chapters, etc, I don't see the point in Sigil. I'm not being provocative, I just really can't see what else it does. Everything else can be done prior to formatting to epub, and adding chapters, etc, *should* be a fairly trivial process. Anyway, I assume I'm wrong about this. So what else does it do?
Sigil is not about the headers, chapters, etc at all. In fact, it enables you to do things you cannot do prior to formatting the ePUB. It gives you full control on how the ePUB should and will look like by opening up the document. This with still a fairly simple interface.
Of course you can code an ePUB by hand, but that will take much more time. There is no other product out there with the same capabilities nor control. There are a lot of features not found in other tools and the RegEx functionality is very useful.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote