View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 02:26 AM   #42
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post
Thank you, but I'm afraid to try jalibreaking it. The last time I tried editing firmware, I bricked a media player. I don't think I could do something so complex (at least, unless I had no other alternative...)
Jailbreaking a Kindle Touch is neither difficult nor dangerous. And in the worst case: the Touch is virtually unbrickable - it can be restored within 5 minutes.

Quote:
I was hoping for some sort of premade software?
Yes, Calibre + Collections Manager

Quote:
I might try it if there's no other choice, though... Since you use it,I have a question: does the collection manager permit mass-editing of some sort, such as selecting a lot of books and adding them to / removing them from collections? What is the interface like?
So,so. Depends on how you define "mass". You can act at most on everything that you see on the screen (like, move 5 books at a time into a collection, or hide 11 books at a time). For the initial setup of 100s of books, you're better off doing it in calibre - it can get somewhat tedious on the Kindle, but it could be done. The interface is depicted in the CM thread.

Last edited by ixtab; 08-29-2013 at 02:30 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote