View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #257
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
When you have Wifi connected do a sync and if there is a update available to you it will be pushed to you. It won't automatically show or start with the wifi on unless you do a sync. So you don't need to turn it on and wait to see if something is going to happen, just sync your device and when the sync is done you'll know if you have one available or not.
Thanks for that. After plodding through 5 pages of the "Ultimate Kobo Tips & Tricks Thread" I've only found about 3 tips that are still relevant - which I guess is a good thing, Kobo really are fixing the problems (even if making new ones just as fast) - but this is what I thought was happening after my last Factory Reset, but f****ing Kobo support couldn't possibly tell me that, they would prefer to tell me that it's simply not supportable that I run only Linux systems, so I can't have a desktop app...
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote