View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Battery Usage Issues

Everything was going great, then the Samsung Galaxy Player 5 started really running through the battery. Used to last a week and now I am lucky if it is 3 days - with almost no use (occasional wifi,no gps, no bt - all off).

I have deleted "Words with Friends" and the weather widget as they were always running when I connected to WiFi. I am planning to just go through the apps and delete all but the dozen or so I actually use. I went a bit over-board with downloading since I was concerned that I'd be blocked when I returned to Europe. But no problems whatsoever, and all the apps are backed up. I could uninstall the "extras" for now.

I was wondering if there is some way to see which apps are using (have used?) memory? Nothing seems to be running, according to the Task manager and settings/apps mgr except Avast anti-visus - but that has been running for a month now without heavy battery impact.

Appreciate all suggestions. I probably just should "clean house" and run it leaner. No major problem with re-charging every few days - but I tend to forget about it and then it is drained when I need it
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote