View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #6
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
I do this in reverse all the time, i.e. use my UK kindle to buy books only available at the US site.

It's simple, and is unofficially sanctioned by the Kindle support people as they advised me to do it in the first place!

You first need to add a UK based address to your main Amazon account, just add it as an alternate address. Any address will do, nothing will get physically sent there.

Once done go to your Manage My Kindle page, one of the options on the left hand menu says something like Update Country. Select the new address you just added. You will be asked to confirm the switch. Once done you can browse the UK site and by whichever books you need. Once bought turn on your Kindle to download the books.

Once downloaded you can update your country back to the US again and go back to normal. The book will stay on your device. If you ever need to redownload it I think you need to swap back to the UK again.

As I said, I do this in order to purchase Kindle Active books, which for some reason are not available outside of the US.

R
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote