View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #84
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeywilliams25 View Post
After installing the modified Reader (replacing the stock) my epubs displayed huge fonts - even the smallest was too large.
I edited the xml as below which gives the sizes I want.
My query is why the default setting is so huge on my Reader - is there some other setting I missed?
It's going to depend a lot on the font-size statements contained in the css of each epub you're looking at. Try a few different epubs - particularly one you've read before and which looked OK.

I set all my epubs to have main body text at font-size:1em and my <fontSizeTableEpub> values range from 75-110 in increments of 5. I haven't had any problems so far.

[Edit:] ... just another thought, there may also be an effect created by which custom font(s) you've set up. Some fonts display bigger than others e.g. 2 of my custom fonts are Kindle Caecilia and Arno Pro. The former looks 'best', to me, at zoom level 2 (80) the latter at zoom level 7 (105)

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-28-2012 at 05:59 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote