View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
I go way back with ebooks. I got the old Rocket eBook years ago, read hundreds of books on it, but then they discontinued it, but I still got lots of classics from Gutenberg and kept reading it.

Finally, Sony came out with the Reader and I glommed on to that. It did not have a dictionary or lots of features the old Rocket had, oddly enough.

Once the Kindle came out, I waited a few months to see what people thought of it, and the reviews were so great, I got the K1. I still have it, read several hours every day and it is still running on the original battery (I have a spare just in case). I have read more than 200 Amazon books on it, and all together, counting the other two ebooks, have read well over 700 ebooks.

And still counting. Oh yeah, my wife inherited the Sony Reader and is reading a lot of the books on that.

I see no reason to move up until my K dies, or I die first.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote