View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #180
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
- iLiad is zooming files, not reflowing. Personally, that's what I like. I want the layout to remain "intact". And: You "freely" can zoom. Mark the area of interest via touchscreen and "explode" it to full screen. Fast and convenient.
- Feeds directly on the device? Not that I'm aware of. But it shouldn't be complicated, to modify the existing solutions accordingly. For example, I've used a tool, which was able to download daily comic strips. Should be possible, to modify the script accordingly, referring to newsfeeds instead of comic strips.
Or you could use "calibre". Collecting the newsfeeds of interest in "calibre" and upload via WiFi onto your unit.
ok scribbling isnt that important and i really want an eInk device and not a tablet pc, because im reading most time

but at 50% of my reading time, i will read magazines like i showed before and they are taller than an A4 page, so im feared that i have to zoom all the time on the iliad an thats why im that into the speed or just even thinking about getting the DR, where some people said that i havent to zoom to read such a document

and if i have to use calibre, the hole wifi app would be senseless, because i have to use a computer again, i really want to do that without
do you use the wifi in anyway?

edit: i want to thank you again for your great work in this forum!!!!
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote